Another challenge of the thematic approach is that because the themes are covered in such depth, the breadth of historical topics is limited. There are many historical events that are not covered at all. But is this really any different than the chronological approach, in which whole periods of history are never reached? With the thematic approach, at least students are motivated to learn how history has impacted the issues they contend with in modern times and practice the skills needed to expand their study of history throughout their lives in the wake of new issues and problems.
Why it could be a big deal: Orchid co-founder co-founder Steve Bell tells Axios that the idea originated from internet restrictions he experienced while during his time living and investing in China. And because Orchid's network is decentralized — it exists by virtue of its users operating Orchid software on their computers — it can't be shut down or controlled by a government or single entity. Not surprisingly, San Francisco-based Orchid's lofty ambitions caught the attention of top investors like Sequoia Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
· Google Web Directory > Sports > College and University
· Google Web Directory > Sports > Youth and High School
· Open Directory: Sports > College and University
· Open Directory: Sports > Youth and High School
· Yahoo! Recreation > Sports > College and University
· Yahoo! Recreation > Sports > High School Sports